Featured

A Symbol of Unity

August 11, 2017 You may be familiar with the Oak Grove-Freedman’s Cemetery, located at the corner of Church St. and Liberty St. in downtown Salisbury.  If not, let me give you a little background into what I’ve found to be one of the most significant symbols of unity efforts in our community.   In 1998, […]

Read More A Symbol of Unity

well-rounded…

I’m currently coaching some friends through their StrengthsFinder® talent themes.  It’s fun and interesting to learn about how others see themselves, watching those ah-hah moments take place as someone gains a bit more perspective toward their own self-awareness – something of which few people actually possess. Today during one of my coaching sessions, I was […]

Read More well-rounded…

Pacifiers

Tuesday marked a first for me – the first full day I was responsible for Julia on my own. And I have to say I was pretty excited about the opportunity. Molly had jury-duty all day and had left me very clear and precise instructions on Julia’s daily routine, along with supplies for meals and […]

Read More Pacifiers

relational motive

what’s your relational motive? Recently I was having a conversation with a friend about the importance of extending ourselves relationally into the lives of people we’re trying to reach with the love of God. Our conversation has caused me to rethink and clarify why it is we stress this idea of ‘relational community’ when it […]

Read More relational motive

a healing community

What fears are gripping your heart today? Have you ever found yourself ‘running to the hills’ (so to speak), or even pulling away into isolation out of a fear of hurt or rejection from people? Think for a moment about the fears that were gripping the heart of Jesus prior to His suffering on the […]

Read More a healing community